BaseBall.

Rain made the game with Morril's team yesterday afternoon a sheer impossibility. The nine was apparently determined to play it, however, and it was not until time had been twice called on account of the down-pour that the attempt was given up. The game began on Holmes. Wiggin pitched, with Cobb to catch him. The first two men had time to strike out before the rain came down so hard as to make play impossible. Then the teams went to the Carey Building and waited for it to stop. After a long wait there came a lull in the rain and the nines went over to Jarvis where the grass was shorter. Two of Morrill's men got bases on balls, but the third struck out. Dean made a clean hit to right and came home on a steal, Cotter's wild throw to second and Hallowell's sacrifice. Hovey fouled out to the catcher. Then Trafford knocked a high fly over the left fielder's head and before the ball could be fielded in from Holmes made the circuit of the bases. Frothingham got a base on balls, stole second and came home on Cotter's second wild throw to second. Alward flied out to catcher. Score 3 to 0 in favor of Harvard.

Only two men came to the bat in the second Inning. Maegher went out on an infield grounder, and Connor was the fourth man to strike out in the seven at the bat. Wiggin's pitching with the wet ball was really remarkable.