Harvard Portfolio.

The new publication called the Harvard Portfolio was issued yesterday. It is intended to be a kind of register of the year's life at Harvard. The idea of the publishers is to issue the book annually, and it will certainly be a valuable reminder of his senior year to the graduating student, as well as a most interesting book to anyone who knows anything of the life at Harvard. The senior class fill the greater part of the space with individual photographs, and thus the book is a miniature class album. Besides these pictures, the athletic teams that appear are: the 'varsity football team, the 'varsity crew, the '93 football team, and the '92 crew. A page is devoted to a group from the faculty, one to the '90 Class Day officers, and one from the Phi Beta Kappa from '90. The Hasty Pudding play, the Pierian Sodality, the Deutscher Verein, and the graduating classes of the Dental and Law Schools appear. There is also a group of the new college buildings.

The whole book is very attractive, and certainly ought to be well received. Nothing just like it has been issued before, no doubt owing to the difficulties which must have been encountered in publishing it. There seems to be no other way of accounting for the absence of a book like this, which must always have been needed.