The Students' Movement in New York City.

Doubtless some Harvard men are intending to study in New York City next year. Any such will be interested in an abstract from a communication which has been received from W. H. Wilson, secretary of the Students' Movement. The Students' Movement is the only organization of the kind in New York City; it is doing a commendable work in bettering the conditions of student life there. A part of this work is described in the following extract from Mr. Wilson's letter:

Professor Henry Drummond, of Edinburgh, Scotland, was instrumental in forming an intercollegiate association of New York City students called the Students' Movement. The seven thousand students of the eighteen leading colleges of that metropolis are a distinct class. The Students' Movement is about to open a Student Headquarters, with bureau of information as to boarding houses, churches and pastors, and the city generally. At the beginning of the year all students will be welcomed there, and during the year the house will always be open, to students only. Receptions and addresses from prominent men, and religious meetings will be held. The aim of the movement is to offer an agency which shall personally assist the student in the city, in social, professional and religious life.

All communications should be addressed to

WILLIAM L. THACHER, 40 East 23d Street, New York.