The Joint Debate.

The management of the Harvard Union has been very busy lately making arrangements for the joint debate with Yale. The following committees have been appointed: Reception committee of which R. M. Gillespie '92, is chairman; advertising committee, A. P. Stone '93, chairman; press committee, P. L. Horne '92, chairman; committee on ushering, A. B. Keeler '94, chairman; committee on tickets, J. M. Perkins '92, chairman. There has been a large demand for tickets not only from men in college but also many outsiders have applied. Just how the tickets should be distributed is a most perplexing question and as yet no satisfactory scheme has been devised. Every member of the Union and the principal disputants will of course have the preference and will be granted a certain number of reserved tickets, but beyond this nothing has been decided.

The Yale Union have held a meeting and have elected the three men who are to represent Yale in the first debate with Harvard. The men who were chosen are R. R. Upton '92, W. E. Thorne '94, and W. P. Aiken L. S. The results of the Prize Debate held last week have made the Harvard men feel much more confident of the results of the joint debate.