Summer Courses for 1892.

The announcements for the courses to be given during the summer of 1892 which was printed in the CRIMSON of January 13, may be obtained on application to the Secretary of the University.

By comparing the list of courses with the ones given during the summer of 1891, it is noticed that six new courses have been added this year, viz.: Physiology and Hygiene, American History, Socialism and Social Problems, Trigonometry, Horticulture and History and Art of Teaching.

The course in American History will include a course for beginners, a course for advanced students, and a special course in seminary training. The lectures will be the same for both beginners and advanced students, but the reading and special reports will be different. The course will cover nearly the same ground as History 13 in college, and will be under the charge of Professor Hart.

The course in Socialism and social questions will be given by Mr. Edward Cummings and will consist of lectures, supplemented by a course of prescribed reading, with written exercises or other tests of proficiency.

Mr. James L. Love will have charge of the course in Plane Trigonometry. This is designed more especially for persons who intend taking up courses in Engineering or Physics or other branches of Applied Mathematics but it will be full enough to enable one to continue the study of Pure Mathematics in its higher branches.

The course in Horticulture will be given at the Bussey Institution by Mr. B. M. Watson, Jr. The lectures which will be given on the theory and practice of gardening, will be supplemented by practical work in the greenhouses and gardens, and by field-talks on trees and shrubs used in economic and ornamental planting.

The course in the History and Art of Teaching is divided into four parts. The History of Teaching, Psychology for Teachers. The Essentials of a Method of Instruction, and Conferences. This course will be under the charge of Professor Paul H. Hanns.

Fuller information than is given in the printed announcements in regard to any of the courses may

be obtained by applying to those in charge of them.