Young Men's Christian Association.

The International Committee of Young Men's Christian Associations at 60 East 23rd Street, New York, has just issued the Association "Year Book for 1888." This pamphlet of 200 pages contains among other matter the following: A valuable historical paper entitled "The Early Story of the Confederation of the American Associations," by William Chauncy Langdon, D. D., Annual Reports of the Secretaries and Corresponding Members of the International Committee indicating the present condition of the work in all parts of the United States and Canada. Full statistical reports of the American Associations, including the College, Railroad, German, Colored and Indian Departments. Names of 700 general secretaries and other paid officers; members of International and State Committees; number and value of Association buildings; statistical summary of the whole field; list of Associations in foreign countries; and name and post-office address of every association in America.

There are now according to this annual report 1240 Associations in America and 3804 in the world. The American Associations have a membership of 175,000; they own buildings valued at $5,609,263, and have a total property of $7,261,658. Last year they expended $1,181,338 in local work and $104,946 in general work. Seven hundred and fifty-two men are devoting their entire time to the local, State and international work as secretaries and assistants. There are twenty-three State Committees that employ one or more travelling secretaries, and the Innational Committee's Secretarial force numbers fourteen. Seventy-seven of the Associations are engaged specially in work among railroad men; 10 among German-speaking young men; 273 are in colleges; 39 are colored and 18 Indian. Two-hundred and twenty-six Associations report educational classes in from one to fifteen branches of study; 287 report special attention to physical culture through gymnasiums and outdoor sports; 398 Bible classes, 367 Bible Bible training classes, and 661 weekly prayer meetings are among the services for young men only which are reported.