Shooting Club.

At a meeting of the members of the shooting team last evening C. S. Hardy '97 was elected captain for the ensuing year and L. T. Baker '99 was appointed treasurer and executive officer. Shoots will be held regularly Monday and Thursday afternoons during the spring from half past three until five. A number of matches, both handicap and scratch, will be shot during the season. In addition to these matches the large silver cup given by the founders of the club will be shot for every month. The conditions under which the Founders' Cup was given require a man to win it any eight times, or six times successively to keep it for good. The man who wins it at any time has his name engraved on the cup and keeps it until he loses it.

Sterling and Harris of last fall's team will be unable to shoot this spring. The other three, Hardy, Bartol, and Dove, will try for the team again this spring.

This year the intercollegiate shooting match for the trophy given by "Shooting and Fishing," will be held at Princeton. It is the last chance that Harvard will have to win the trophy. Every man in the University interested in shooting is urged to come out and try for the team. Handicaps given to new men will be generous.

The initiation fee of the club is five dollars and there are no dues. The price of birds is one cent and a half apiece. The club house and the stands have been built over and the rapid firing system with three traps has been adopted, so that shooters will not have to wait long between their turns.