Harvard-Yale Assembly at Springfield.

The fourth annual Harvard-Yale Assembly will be held in City Hall. Springfield, on the evening of the 18th. Florist Milliez will have charge of the decorations which will consist of chrysanthemums. Potted plants in bloom will be placed about the platform and on either side of the hall, and the managers may add an electrical display.

The patronesses of the ball will be Mrs. Charles O. Chapin, Mrs. Dwight Holland, Mrs. James A. Rumrill, Mrs. Walter H. Wesson, Mrs. Henry M. Phillips, Mrs. Elisha Morgan, Mrs. Frederick Harris. They will receive on the right of the hall as one enters and the place will be handsomely furnished with choice upholstery, rugs and tapestries.

The Philharmonic Orchestra of Springfield together with a full orchestra of forty pieces from New York and Boston will supply the music.

The ball will begin at 8 o'clock, and the first hour will be devoted to a reception during which the orchestra will render miscellaneous music. Instead of a dance program the orchestra will play continuously.

This year the gallery will be reserved for the guests. Many house parties have been planned, and special parties are coming from Chicago and Cambridge.