Football.

NINETY-SIX, 28; CAMBRIDGE LATIN, 0.

The game with Dartmouth on Saturday was hardly as close as had been expected. Dartmouth started in with a rush and for the first ten minutes played a hard, fast game. After that Harvard had little difficulty in keeping the ball in her opponent's territory.

The centre showed unexpected strength and Dartmouth was unable to gain an inch at that point. In fact the general defensive play of the whole line was very satisfactory. The only substantial gains Dartmouth made were once or twice when A. Brewer was pocketed. As usual C. Brewer did some brilliant running and seldom failed to make his distance when called upon. There was, however, almost no interference and the gains were almost all due to the individual work of the backs.

Fairchild's work at quarterback during the first half was disappointing. He made some good tackles, but fumbled the ball a good deal and passed poorly. Beale was an improvement and the men steadied down to better work after he came into the game.

Wrightington scored near the close of the first half after the ball had been taken to Dartmouth's fifteen yard line by a succession of short rushes and a penalty of 15 yards.

On the first down in the second half Gray plunged through the line and after a run of 65 yards scored. C. Brewer and Wrightington each scored once more after repeated short rushes, mostly through Dartmouth's centre. Brewer kicked goals from three of the touchdowns.

The line-up was:

HARVARD DARTMOUTH.

Emmons, l.e. r.e., Folsom.

Hallowell, l.t. r.t., Little.

Manahan, l.g. r.g., Huff.

F. Shaw, c. c.. Caverly.

J. N. Shaw, r.g. l.g., Bowles.

Gould, r.t. l.t., Abbott.

A. Brewer, r.e. l.e., Lakeman.

Fairchild, (Beale) q.b. q.b., McCormack.

Wrightington, Gray, h.b. h.b. Mason, Dodge.

C. Brewer, f. b. f.b., Randall.

Score, Harvard 22, Dartmouth 0. Touchdowns, Wrightington (2), C. Brewer, Gray. Goals from touchdowns, C. Brewer (3). Referee, Mr. Moyle. Umpire, Dr. Brooks. Linesman, Mr. Woods, B. A. A. Time, 30 minutes.