Cornell's New Library.

Mrs. George R. Williams recently purchased the private law library of the late Nathaniel Moak and presented it to Cornell University as a memorial to Judge Boardman. This library, containing many rare and costly documents, cost over $100,000, and with the library Cornell already has, makes the finest law library in the country. Cornell was fortunate in securing it, as both Harvard and Leland Stanford Universities were trying to purchase it. The Moak collection contains about 13,000 volumes and its original cost was something over $100,000. Mr. Moak spent thirty years in gathering it and took great pains in its collection. It has full federal reports; reports of every court of New York state, reports of every court of last resort in the various states, comparatively complete Australian and New Zealand reports, full Canadian reports and complete British reports from the time of the year books to the present day. In addition there is a large collection of statutes and a particularly fine library of text books. It is admitted to be the finest private library in the country with the possible exception of that of F. C. Gerry of New York city. There will probably never again be such a library thrown on the market. - Exchange.