University Extension Conference.

The increasing interest which is being taken in the University Extension movement has led to a second national confererence on the subject, which will be held at Philadelphia on Thursday and Friday, December 29 and 30. The conference has been called by the committee of the American Society for the Extension of University Teaching. The object of the conference is to discuss the means of make the movement more general and efficient. Delegates will be present from the active centres of the work in the United States, including the leading colleges and Universities: President Andrews, of Brown; Prof. Albert S. Cook, of Yale, president of the Connecticut branch of the American society; Mr. Melvin Dewey, director of the New York University Extension; President Thwing, of Western Reserve; President Coulter, of Indiana; President Adams, of Wisconsin; President Harper, of Chicago; and Provost Pepper of the University of Pennsylvania, are among the most prominent representatives who will be present.