Foot Ball Captain 1893-94.

On Saturday afternoon the captain of next year's eleven was elected by the vote of all the regular eleven and two substitutes, Shea and Mason. There were at first four candidates, Waters, Upton, Emmons, and Lake. The last two withdrew in the order named and in the final ballot Waters was elected by a vote of eight to three against Upton.

Bertram G. Waters, before coming to Harvard, played football for two years on the Boston Latin School eleven. Here he first played at full-back and in his last year, when he was captain of the team, at end rush and half back. On the freshman team he was put at end rush again and next year on the 'varsity at tackle. This year he was moved to left guard and did excellent work there. He is twenty-one years old and with his two years of 'varsity training will fill his position very successfully.

There will be plenty of good material next year, for Waters expects to have at his disposal all of this year's team with the exception of Hallowell, Trafford and Lee. Of the new men who are coming in, the most promising is Stevenson, the present captain of Hopkinsons School eleven.