Dudleian Lecture.

Rev. W. E. Griffis D. D. of Boston has been invited to deliver the Dudleian lecture for this year. The subject as prescribed by the will of Chief Justice Paul Dudley, who bequeathed the fund for the maintenance of the lectures, is as follows:

"The fourth and last lecture I would have for the maintaining, explaining and proving the validity of the ordination of ministers or Pastors of the churches, and so their administration of the sacraments or ordinances of religion as the same hath been practiced in New England, from the first beginning of it, and so continued at this day. Not that I would any ways invalidate Episcopal ordination as it is commonly called and practised in the Church of England; but I do esteem the method of ordination as practised in Scotland, at Geneva and among the dissenters in England and in the churches in this country to be very safe, scriptural, and valid; and that the great Head of the church, by his blessed spirit hath owned, sanctified, and blessed them accordingly and will continue so to do to the end of the world. Amen."