Report of the Treasurer of the University Boat Club.

Following is the report of the Treasurer and Manager of the University Boat Club for 1890-91:

Receipts from October 1st, 1890, to October 1st, 1891:

Lawrence Brooks, former treas., 98 16

Subscription general, 3,757 78

Subscription graduate, 1,355 30

Glee Club Concert and Western Trip, 1,081 75

Class crews and class races, 686 50

Observation train New London, 308 00

Sale of boats, 180 00

Other sources, 72 50

----

Total, $7,539 99

Expenses from October 1st, 1890, to October 1st, 1891:

Bills of 1889-90, 1,205 11

Boats, 1,262 80

Rent of boat house, 480 00

Wages of janitor, 740 00

Training table, 760 95

Launch, 503 79

Wages of engineer, 300 00

New London expenses, 419 75

Provisions at New London, 896 49

Travelling expenses, 213 64

Repairs, 94 22

Medical services, 209 80

Races, 155 00

Coal, 57 20

Glee Club Concert, 227 75

Clothes, 36 80

Sundries, 176 69

----

Total, $7,539 99

Owing to the large graduate subscription which has been coming in this autumn to pay off the debt, the treasurer instead of resigning the entire debt as in previous years, to his successor, remained treasurer of the "debt fund" and has included those accounts with those of the crew last year. This was done at the especial request of some of the graduates.

Owing to intended departure, the treasurer has been obliged to close his accounts before all the graduate money was in.

The club owes to the unfortunate training table, still $896.56. To meet this there is an expected graduate subscription of about $200. The remainder will be partly borrowed from the graduate treasurer fund, and partly assumed by the new treasurer as has been the custom previously.

It may be found necessary, in order to accommodate the graduate treasurer, to divide the above estimate of expenses and receipts, into those actually occurring before October 1st, and those after; in other words into, Boat Club and Debt Fund expenses. In the latter case the debt fund will be included in the accounts for next year.

The Launch is in very good repair as regards her machinery, but her hull is weak, and she leaks badly, and she cannot keep up with the crew. She will do for the Charles River work for a few years, but a new launch for New London is almost a necessity.

The quarters at New London are in good repair, having been refitted last year.

The Boat Club should have a good serviceable rowboat for a tender to the launch, and a shed and ways to place the launch on for the winter, would save some money in the end.

W. C. FORBES, '92,Ex-Treas. H. U. B. C.Treas. Debt. Fund.