Athletic Regulations for the Winter Meetings.

The entries for the first winter meeting close tonight at ten o'clock. The attention of those intending to enter is called to the important standing regulation of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports:

"2. No student shall take part in any public athletic contest without the previous permission of the Director of the Gymnasium, based upon such physical examination as he may require.

"Violation of this rule debars a student from all further participation in public athletic contests, whether confined to students of the University or not, until he is reinstated by vote of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports."

This regulation applies to all students who take part in the H. A. A. contests at the autumn, winter, and spring meetings; class meetings; Intercollegiate meetings.

This regulation applies also to all the other 'varsity, freshman, and general athletic contests.

"Appointments for examination should be made with the director of the gymnasium at least one week before the event; but students are advised to make their appointments and to have their examinations earlier than this. If the appointment conflicts with a regular college engagement, notification will be sent to the secretary of the University by the director, and the absence from the college engagement will be excused.

"Permission is granted by certificate which specifies the sport and length of permission. The certificate will not be delivered to the persons examined until the week of the event, or of the first event of a series, and it will then be delivered only on personal application. It must be deposited immediately in the box of the committee on athletics in the entry of the gymnasium."