H. U. B. B. C.

Last evening a meeting of the base-ball association was held in Holden Chapel. Mr. S. C. Winslow, '85, was elected a member of the League Advisory Committee. The following plan for a closer union of the college athletic organizations was adopted:

There shall be a committee which shall consist of five persons.

The members of this committee shall serve one year.

Three members of the committee shall be chosen by the presidents of the four classes together with the chief executive officer of each of the following organizations:

Athletic Association,

Base-Ball Association,

Boat Club,

Cricket Association,

Foot-Ball Association,

Lacrosse Association,

Tennis Association.

One member of the committee shall be a member of the committee of athletics and shall be chosen by that body.

The fifth member of the committee shall be a permanent resident of Cambridge. He shall be chosen by the other four members of the committee and shall be the chairman.

The committee shall have power to direct the manner in which the accounts of each of the above mentioned organizations shall be kept.

The committee shall have power to ask for the resignation of any treasurer or manager whom they deem incompetent or extravagant.

At the beginning of each term the treasurer of each organization shall prepare with the assistance of the chief executive a detailed estimate of the expenses for that term and shall submit the same to this committee. These estimates shall be kept on record by the committee, but shall not be published.

The committee shall audit the accounts of each organization once a month. They shall also publish a semi-annual report.

The committee shall provide the treasurers with suitable books in which to keep their accounts. These books shall be the property of the committee, and shall be returned to them as each treasurer closes his accounts. After their return they shall be kept in the custody of the committee and shall be always open to the inspection of the officers of these organizations.

If at the end of the college year any organization has, after the payment of all its debts, a surplus in excess of the amount allotted to it below, this excess shall be at the disposal of the committee. It shall, however, be spent on athletics.

H. A. A. $400

B. B. A. 1500

H. U. B. C. 1000

H. T. A. 100

H. U. F. B. A. 400

H. U. C. A. 150

H. U. L. A. 300

The committee shall request the captains of these organizations at the end of each year to make a report, giving in detail as fully as possible their experience during the past year and making any suggestion which they can for the benefit of future captains. These reports shall be kept on file by the committee.

Any one of the athletic associations shall be at liberty to withdraw from the plan at the end of any college year.

If any one of the four organizations, the base-ball, foot-ball and athletic associations and the boat club, refuse to accept this plan, the plan does not go into effect for any organization.

The annual election of the committee shall be held in June.

The committee elected in June shall begin to serve at the opening of the following college year.

At least one of the three members of the committee elected by the undergraduates shall be a sophomore when elected.

The committee shall publish two reports each year; one at the beginning and one at the middle of the college year.

These two reports of the committee shall be upon the expenses incurred during their term of office.

Each association shall pay for its own books.

This plan shall go into operation at the beginning of the spring term.

The committee for this year shall be elected immediately before the spring recess.