Intercollegiate Football Meeting.

On Saturday afternoon the Intercollegiate Football Association held a short meeting in New York, at which Vance McCormick of Yale presided and L. E. Gordon of Wesleyan acted as secretary. The other delegates were W. Moffitt from Yale; Philip King and J. Mac N. Thompson from Princeton; S. B. Newton and A. A. Knipe from the University of Pennsylvania; and A. Thorndike from Wesleyan.

The main object of the meeting was to determine under what conditions men should be allowed to play on various teams connected with the Association. Yale made a proposition to shut out all who were not undergraduates of the academic departments in the different colleges; that is to say, all students in any graduate or professional school, and all specials. The motion naturally met with opposition from Pennsylvania; for, if agreed to, it would cut out all but four of her next year's team, including her captain. Her delegates protested that any discrimination against the schools was unfair, and their opinion so far prevailed that the decision of the matter was postponed till a later meeting, to be held some time within two weeks. If the proposition had been carried out Balliet of Princeton and Graves of Yale would also be debarred, but the University of Pennsylvania would suffer by far the most and might be tempted to withdraw from the Intercollegiate Association. Otherwise, the membership will remain the same.

There was no other business transacted at the meeting.