Summer Courses of Instructions.

The courses given here in the summer of 1893 will be practically the same as those given last summer. A list of the courses to be given has been published by the University, and a summary of it is given below. More particular announcements will be published about the first of March. The following courses will be given: in Chemistry four courses, Fundamental Principals of Chemistry, Qualitative Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, and Organic Chemistry; in Botany two courses, Vegetable Morphology and Cryptogamic Botany; in Engineering three courses, Topographical Surveying, Railway Surveying and Electrical Engineering; in Physics two courses; in Physical Training two courses; in German two courses; in Geology three courses; in French two courses; and one course in each of the following subjects: American History, Trigonometry, English, Draughting and Descriptive Geometry, History, Art of Teaching, and several courses at the Medical School.

Women as well as men are admitted to these courses, except those in the Medical School, those in Engineering, and the two more advanced courses in Geology. In addition to the above-mentioned courses, certain lectures on methods of instruction will be given by teachers in the several departments represented by the schools. These lectures will be open, without charge, to the persons who are enrolled as members of any of the summer schools in the University.

In general these courses are adapted to the needs of those who intend to be teachers in the several subjects. Several of the more elementary, however, are intended to meet the needs of beginners and may be taken by students in lieu of the corresponding courses in the College and the Lawrence Scientific School, and may be counted towards a degree.

During the session of the schools the College Library will be open from 9 a. m. till 5 p. m. The Museum of Comparative Zoology, the Peabody Museum, and the Mineralogical Collection are also accesible to students during the summer vacation.