Dartmouth's New Athletic Prize.

Prof. E. B. Condon, of New York has made a proposition to Dartmouth college, which is intended to elevate the standard of scholarship on the part of the athletes of the college. He has offered a prize to be given annually to that student who, being a member of one of the athletic teams, shall maintain the highest class standing throughout the year.

Prof. Condon recently sent a letter to President Lord in which he named the following conditions for securing the prize, which is to be $60 annually:

First-The prize may be awarded to undergraduates only, but of any department of the college.

Second-Only the members of the football, baseball, and athletic teams representing the college at an intercollegiate meeting are eligible. Members of football or baseball teams must have played in at least one intercollegiate game, and members of athletic teams must have won a first, second, or third prize in an intercollegiate contest to be eligible.

Third-Class standing is to be determined in the manner employed in the college to fix the relative rank in the class.

The Treasurer of the college is authorized to draw upon Prof. Condon at sight to the amount named on Feb, 15 of each year.