Mott Haven Candidates.

The meeting for the Mott Haven team was postponed from yesterday until today. The notice which appeared in yesterday's paper was published at the first request of Captain Thompson, but through a misunderstanding, notification of the change in date was not given to the CRIMSON. To-day, however. Captain Thompson will meet all who care to join the Mott Haven squads in the Trophy Room at the Gymnasium at 4 o'clock. There were about 250 different men who at various times during the year were under Mr. Lathrop's training last season. This year fully as many must be had and even more if possible.

One thing may be said which perhaps few students do not happen to +++ candidate for the Mott Haven team is dropped as soon as he shows he is not fitted for a place on the team. The primary object of the squads is in one sense, to given men an object for training and so to bring a large number of men into a way of getting good, healthful exercise. Mr. Lathrop is a tireless trainer, who can be relied upon to keep men in the best possible condition and to develop to the utmost whatever latent powers one may have for making a successful track athlete.

Last year members and candidates are especially asked to be present today, whether they expect to begin training now or not, for Mr. Lathrop has a few words of caution and advice which every one will do well to hear.