The Harvard Graduates' Magazine.

The second number of the Harvard Graduates' Magazine, which has just appeared, is as interesting and attractive as was the initial number. Every Harvard man has a right to be proud of the publication and we delight in saying a good word for it. Its contents are on subjects as varied as could well be imagined. The opening article is a study of "Education in the Preparatory Schools," written by Charles Francis Adams, '56 and William W. Goodwin, '51. It is surprising to a westerner to hear of President Charles F. Thwing's writing of "Harvard and Yale in the West" but he treats the whole subject and really deals with the west; not with Ohio alone as might have been supposed.

Mr. H. Munsterberg writes of the "New Psychology" and Professor John Williams White '77, gives an account of the "Committee on Athletics." Charles P. Ware '62, has an article on "Harvard Men in Public Service" which it would be well for all Harvard students to have at their tongues end.

Justin Winsor's Columbus Day address. "America Prefigured" is printed and Col. Thomas Wentworth Higginson contributes some interesting extracts from old college diaries.

The various departments, the university, athletics and the graduates are similar to those in the last number and are well worth reading.