Annual Fall Games.

The weather on Saturday was anything but satisfactory for the 'varsity games. It was so poor in fact that the bicycle race and all the field events were postponed till four o'clock today. It rained too hard and the track was too wet and heavy, and the air too chilly for more than ordinarily good times to be made. The one exception to this was in the half mile run. E. B. Hill '94, although heavily handicapped, won this event from scratch in the remarkable time of 1 min., 58 4-5 sec. This is the best time that has been made in the distance in the fall games. It is faster than the time in which the event was won at New York last spring, and is within 2 seconds of the Harvard record held, by W. H. Goodwin, Jr., '84. Much is expected of Hill in the spring.

As a rule the handicaps were very fairly given. In the quarter mile, however, N. W. Bingham, scratch, was unable to overtake the other contestants, though he ran beautifully and in good time. In the hundred yards dash, one or two men were perhaps handicapped a little heavily.

Owing to the poor weather, many contestants failed to appear. The following is the result of the games:

120 yards hurdle, 4 entries-Won by V. Munroe '96, scratch; time, 17 1-2 sec. Second, J. P. Cotton, Jr., '96, 10 yds., 9 hurdles.

100 yards dash, 21 entries. Trials-only first men in heats to enter the finals. First heat won by F. McCarthy '97, 3 yds.; time, 10 3-5 sec. Second heat won by D. Winter, Gr., 5 yds.; time, 10 3-5 sec. Third heat won by G. L. Collins '96, 4 yds.; time, 10 3-5 sec. Fourth heat won by C. S. Fuller '96, 8 yds.; time, 10 3-5 sec. Fifth heat won by C. Barret '96, 8 yds.; time, 10 2-5 sec.

100 yards dash, finals-Final heat won by C. Barret '96, 8 yds.; time, 10 2-5 sec. Second, D. Winter, Gr., 5 yds.

Mile walk, 3 entries-Won by J. D. Phillips '97, 5 sec.; time, 7 min., 51 sec. Second, P. Nichols '95, scratch.

Half mile run, 5 entries-Won by E. B. Hill '94, scratch; time, 1 min., 58 4-5 sec. Second, H. Emerson '96, 30 yds. E. Hollister '97, 15 yds., tripped and fell in the second lap, otherwise it would have been close between him and Emerson.

One mile run, 5 entries-Won by J. Boardman, Jr., '94, scratch; time, 4 min., 47 sec. Second, R. R. Hollister '97, 10 yds. Boardman did not make up his handicaps till the end of the last lap. Hollister, who was pressing him hard, suddenly gave out on the final stretch, but spurted just in time to get second.

440 yards dash, 7 entries-Won by H. A. Bull '95, 40 yds.; time, 50 4-5 sec. Second, L. T. Hildreth '96, 20 yds., N. W. Bingham, scratch, was too heavily handicapped to get a place.

220 yds. dash, 15 entries. Trials; first and second men to enter finals-First heat won by W. J. Denholm '97, 6 yds.; time, 23 1-5 sec. Second, N. B. Marshall '97, 6 yds. Second heat won by C. Barret '96, 13 yds.; time, 23 3-5 sec. Second, C. H. Dunn '96, 15 yds. Third heat won by C. S. Fuller '96, 15 yds.; time, 23 2-5 sec. Second, E. S. Benedict '96, 7 yds.

220 yards dash, finals-Won by W. J. Denholm '97, 6 yds.; time, 23 2-5 sec. Second, a tie between C. Barret '96, 13 yds., and E. S. Benedict '96, 7 yds. Benedict got the place on a toss.

220 yards hurdle, six entries-Won by H. W. Jameson '95, 8 yds.; time, 27 3-5 sec. Second, S. K. Fenollosa '95, 15 yds.