Noted Harvard Graduates and Their Rooms.

Following is a list of some of Harvard's famous graduates in the last eighty years with the numbers of rooms in Hollis, Holworthy, Stoughton and Massachusetts, which they occupied during their courses at college.

Edward Everett, noted as Preacher, Orator and Statesman, a former Governor of Massachusetts and President of Harvard, graduated in 1811. He roomed in Hollis 20 and 24, and in Stoughton 23.

William H. Prescott, American Historian, graduated in 1814. He occupied Hollis 6 and 11 and Stoughton 28.

George Bancroft '17, Statesman and Historian: roomed in Stoughton 22 and Hollis 4.

Caleb Cushing '17, eminent as a lawyer, and at one time Attorney General of the U. S., roomed in Stoughton 26 and in Massachusetts.

Charles Francis Adams, Minister to England under President Lincoln, graduated in 1825. His only room was Hollis 15. Three years he was outside the yard.

Dr. A. P. Peabody, known to all Harvard men, graduated in 1826. His rooms were Hollis 29 and 31.

Cornelius C. Felton '27, a famous Greek teacher and a President of Harvard, roomed in Stoughton 31.

Robert C. Winthrop '28, Statesman and Orator, roomed in Holworthy 24, his Senior year.

James Freeman Clark, one of America's greatest preachers, graduated in 1829. He roomed in Holworthy 19 and in Massachusetts.

Oliver Wendell Holmes graduated in 1829, and roomed in Stoughton 31.

Charles Sumner '30, Orator and Statesman, roomed in Stoughton 12, Hollis 17 and Holworthy 22.

E. R. Hoar '35, Judge of the Supreme Court, occupied Holworthy 1, 2 and 13, and Stoughton 25.

Edward Everett Hale graduated in 1839. He had Stoughton 25 and a room in Massachusetts.

Horace Gray, Justice, graduated in 1845, he roomed in Stoughton 11.

Charles E. Norton '47, roomed in Holworthy 22.

Senator G. F. Hoar graduated in 1846 and roomed in Holworthy 13 and in Massachusetts.

Professor Cooke '48 roomed in Holworthy 16, 18, and 22, and in Hollis 13.

President Eliot, who graduated in 1853, occupied Stoughton 8 and Hollis 15.

Rev. Phillips Brooks graduated in 1855, and roomed in Stoughton 22 and in Massachusetts.

Wm. Everett '59, roomed in Stoughton 13 and in Holworthy 1 and 13.

Nathaniel Childs '70, roomed in Hollis 26 and in Holworthy 8.

J. Q. A. Brackett, ex-Governor of Massachusetts, occupied Holworthy 14 and Hollis 31.