Student Self-Government at Cornell.

The movement for student self government at Cornell has culminated in the adoption of a plan practically as suggested by the Faculty in their communication to the student committee some days ago. President Schurman addressed a joint meeting of students and faculty, explaining the conduct and attitude of the faculty toward the proposed reform. He said that the Faculty had given this proposal to put the students entirely on their honor in examinations, the most careful consideration. At first many looked on the proposed plan as revolutionary; but after several protracted discussions they came to adopt it almost unanimously. They desired that the new experiment should be tried for one year. After President Schurman's remarks the committee set forth the following scheme which was adopted:

1. Each student in order to make his examination valid shall affix the following form with his signature thereto; "I have neither given nor received aid in this examination.

2. A court to take cognizance of fraud in examinations shall be made up of the President of the University, four Seniors, three Juniors, two Sophomores, and one Freshman.