White Dormitory at Yale.

The plans for the new White Dormitory at Yale have been completed and are now in the hands of the builders. The architects are J. C. Cady & Co., of New York who were the designers of the Chittenden Library, New Sheff. buildings and other University buildings. The plans provide for a building of brick with stone basement and trimmings, 190 feet long, and four stories high, with a central pavalion of an additional story. The location will be on the corner of High and Elm streets, diagonally across from the Peabody Museum. The building will face East toward West Divinity. In front will be an open space, with a driveway running through. Opening on this will be three entrances of handsomely decorated stone.

The style of architecture will be that of the old English manor house of the Renaissance period. The basement will be occupied by rooms intended for the use of the various college publications. There will be four suites to each landing except in the south entry, where there will be only three. The suite consists of a study and two bedrooms on either side. The comfort of the occupants will be greatly increased by having a small vestibule connecting the study with the main hall. The rooms are to be provided with open fireplaces and handsome hard wood mantels. The building will contain in all 52 rooms, accommodating 96 men, and will be fireproof throughout, the floors being supported by iron beams. No pains have been spared to make it one of the finest dormistorie in the country.