Athletic Rules for Yale.

Yale University held a meeting some time ago, and appointed a committee to draft a constitution for the athletic associations, this of course was an outcome of the discussion over the "undergraduate rule." The committee have reported several rules regarding eligibility on the various university teams, which they wish to incorporate in all the constitutions. The committee ask that a vote of the university be taken on these suggestions, by ballot, before Wednesday June 28.

The rules are as follows:

1. That no man be eligible for a Yale team who has ever received any pecuniary profit by reason of his connection with athletics.

2. That no man be eligible for a Yale team who is not a candidate for a degree in a course requiring at least two years residence and attendance upon not less than eight hours of recitations or lectures per week.

3. That no man be eligible for a Yale team, who, if not a freshman in the academic or scientific department, has not been in attendance one full year at the university and satisfactorily passed the examinations for advance with his class.

4. That man be no eligible for a Yale team who has represented any college or university on its team four or more years.

5. That no man who has been dropped from his class for neglect of his studies be eligible for a Yale team until the beginning of the next academic year.

The first rule is practically an abridgment of the of an amateur as adopted by Harvard. The second, third and fifth are all embraced in Harvard's rule headed "Bona Fide Students." The only change is that the Harvard rule says nothing about how long a course a candidate for an athletic team must be taking, though the two years required at Yale are practically required here on account of the rule compelling students from other colleges and special students to have completed one full year's work and to be bona fide students pursuing work for another full year Yale's fourth rule is exactly the same as Harvard's "Time Limit" rule. If the above rules are agreed upon by the students at Yale, the two universities will then have regulations practically identical, and what is more, specifice regulations that can determine without any question a player's eligibility.