Summer School.

This summer there are to be given twenty-nine courses in Cambridge and several at the medical School. To all of these courses except those in the Medical School, those in Engineering and the two more advanced courses in Geology, women will be admitted. All these courses begin on July 5 and continue for six weeks to August 15. Recitations in most of the courses will be every day at nine. Enough work will be given out in each course to keep a man busy nearly all day. In all the laboratory courses men will be expected to spend most of the time in teh laboratory, that is, they will, as a rule, have to work till five in the afternoon. In Botany and Geology there will be several excursions and in Engineering the work will be almost wholly field work. A new feature this year will be certain lectures on methods of instruction by teachers in the several departments. These will be open without charge to the persons who are enrolled as students in any of the summer schools in the university.

More applications for information about the summer courses have been received this year than in any previous year. But as no direct application to take the courses is required, it cannot be positively said how many men will be here. Men are always assisted in finding rooms by the committee in charge of the Summer School, and the Foxcroft Club is kept open during the summer when it is run on a somewhat higher scale than in winter. The price of room and board will probably run from five to ten dollars a week.

It is interesting to note that on account of the great increase in the number of engineering courses given and required, after this summer men in the engineering department will be required to do summer work.