A Tribute from Williams.

The Williams Weekly speaks editorially in regard to the new Harvard rules as follows:

"Harvard has taken a step in regard to athletics that surpasses in independent regard for the purification of them, anything that has been done.

Yale came to the college world with a weak measure for preventing professionalism and placing college teams on a strictly college basis, but it was found that Yale had prepared laws that would benefit Yale and reduce her opponents. Harvard, with a spirit which all colleges would do well to imitate, begins at home and enacts a series of laws for the purification of Harvard athletics, regardless of the advantages her adversaries might gain by them. As a result Harvard has to elect a substitute to captain her baseball team and her crew is seriously handicapped. But what of that? The victory is Harvard's, whether she win or lose, for she has taken a higher stand and bound herself to a loftier standard which is too genuinely severe in its results to suggest the least artificiality or selfishness."