Mott Haven Candidates

Captain Wheelwright has issued a call for men who wish to try for the Mott Haven team to meet him in the trophy room of the gymnasium at 4.30 this afternoon.

Last year 188 men responded to the first call and over 300 different men were under Mr. Lathrop's care at one time or another during the spring. The immediate object of the winter training is to fit men for the indoor games which are held in Boston. These games being handicap, one man has as good a chance of winning a prize as another.

Mr. Lathrop has developed some of his best athletes from men who had not previously had any reputation in athletics and such men should not feel their inexperience a bar to their beinning to train. It is especially hoped that all heavy men who are not already working with other teams will come out and work for the weight contests.

Of last year's team the following men are still in college and eligible to compete: Sherwin, Endicott, Bloss, Pratt, Davis, Collamore, Shea, Merrill, Lakin, Chaney, Hill, Garcelon, Pinkham, Bingham, Jameson, Whittren, Brewer, Holmes, Whitehead and Putnam.