Military Drill.

The company being formed at Harvard for military drill and discipline by Lieutenant Robinson, is now taking definite shape. At its meeting yesterday some twenty-five men presented themselves. The company adopted the name of the Harvard Rifles, repeating the old name of Mayor Bancroft's time. It also decided upon a uniform, - the undress gray cadet uniform, the same as is worn at the military academy at West Point. On Friday a measurer will come from Boston to take final measurements and orders about the suits.

For the present the company will meet in the Gymnasium and until well into the winter, or until outdoor work can be done, the instruction will be for the most part on the external order drill. When the company can get out of doors more of the regular routine of the soldier will be taken up. There will be parade and guard mounting, skirmish practice, presentation of colors, use of company as advance guard, signalling by flag and heliostat, and the like.

President Eliot has applied to the government for one hundred rifles and accouterments. If a rifle range can be found, as at present seems probable, there will be rifle practice in the spring, the government providing ammunition and targets.

Every thing will be done to make the drills interesting and instructive to the men. It is hoped many men will join the company. The only expense connected with it is the price of the uniform, which is very moderate. Men may join the company at any time. The time set for the drill need not interfere, because Lieutenant Robinson is anxious to have it whenever the men may say. The drill is entirely separate from the course of lectures on Military Science. Either or both may be taken, the course of lectures only counting towards the degree of A. B., however.