Yale Defeats Princeton.

The football season came to an end on Saturday when Yale without difficulty defeated Princeton by the score of 24 to 0, making eighteen points in the first half and very nearly scoring again before time was called for that half.

The completeness and ease of the victory were surprising, but were clearly the result of superior playing. That Butterworth would outclass any Princeton fullback, there had been no question whatever; but it had been expected that Princeton's rush line would be strong and that her newly developed interference would be the means of making substantial gains. Both these expectations were disappointed. The Yale rushers found no great difficulty in breaking through their opponents' line whenever called upon to do so, while the Princeton backs were as a rule unable to gain at all by the aid of the interference.

The Princeton eleven was not inferior in team play only. The individual work of the old 'varsity men was in many cases far below what they did last year, while on the Yale team every man played an excellent game and the stars did unusually brilliant work. The game was entirely free from slugging or any unnecessarily violent play.