The Prospect Union Review.

The Prospect Union has long hoped to publish a newspaper and this year it has seen this, as many others of its ambitions, fulfilled. The first number of the Prospect Union Review was put on sale Wednesday evening, March 21. It is in pamphlet form, consisting of eight pages of reading matter, a supplement of four pages, and eight pages of advertisements. It is very prettily made up and is excellently printed on very good paper. The Prospect Union has established a printing office and does its own printing.

The subject matter is very interesting even to those not connected with the Prospect Union. Professor Peabody gives a brief but comprehensive sketch of the "Aims and Work of the Prospect Union." John Graham Brooks has written short summaries of the first two of the course of lectures on economics which he is giving at the Union. The two other leading articles are "The New Trade Unionism," by Robert A. Woods of the Andover House, Boston, and "Social Settlements in the United States," by Mr. Ely, president of the Union. Both of them are interesting and well worth being read by every one.

The Review says of itself that it "is conducted in the interests of the Prospect Union and of social and educational progress along the lines of university extension and university settlement work." It is published twice a month during term time, with two numbers during the summer. The subscription price is fifty cents a year. Though the obect of the Review is not primarily to make money, it is hoped that some money for the Union can be made by it. It should be understood that "contributtors, editors, and advertising solicitors receive no financial compensation whatever for their services in connection with the Review." Articles will be written for the paper by "members of the faculty of Harvard University, persons prominently connected with university extension and university settlement work in New England and elsewhere, specialists in social science, and persons of note residing in Boston and Cambridge."

The paper is on sale at Amee's Seaver's, Thurston's, and the Cooperative, for five cents. Men are urged to subscribe. Subscriptions may be paid to teachers or officers of the Union.