Y. M. C. A. Mission Work.

This year members of the University have shown a far greater interest in mission work than heretofore. More men have offered their services in helping to carry on the different lines of work, and altogether this department of the Y. M. C. A. is in a very flourishing condition.

That branch of the mission work known as "sailor work" was thoroughly organized at the beginning of the college year, and every Sunday morning since then, when the weather has permitted, a delegation of from four to six students has gone over to Charlestown or Boston and conducted religious services either on the docks or on board vessels lying in the harbor.

Besides the sailor work there is what is known as "delegation work"- that is, delegations of two or three men, in response to invitations, conduct Sunday services in different places in or near Cambridge. A part of this work is done at the Porter Station branch of the Cambridge Y. M. C. A., and the last meeting of each month at this branch is regularly conducted by Harvard students. Aside from this work, which is directly under the supervision of the Y. M. C. A., considerable work is being done by members on their own account. Several teach on certain nights in the week at a boys' club connected with the North End Union, several are engaged in work connected with settlement houses in Boston, and others are helping in the work of the Associated Charities.