Prospect Union Review.

The sixth number of the Prospect Union Review, which was published last week, is an average number. It contains abstracts of several of the lectures given before the members in the preceding fortnight, notably the two last lectures given in the course in Economics by John Graham Brooks. The number contains no article of special interest except the report of the courses in science. This is remarkably encouraging. Whereas there were before this year hardly any courses at all in science, there have been given this year course in physics, electricity, zoology, botany, physiology, meteorology, and geology, and they have all been well attended and have certainly succeeded in their object as stated in the report, "the explanation of the things we see in our daily lives which we have never understood or possibly never thought about." All these courses are to be repeated next year with the addition of a course in descriptive chemistry. In the Calendar it is announced that on Wednesday, June 13, will take place the closing exercises of the Educational Department, with addresses by Professor Peabody and Mr. Cogswell, Superintendent of the Cambridge schools. All teachers and scholars of the Union are specially invited. On Wednesday, June 20, Professor Byerly will address the Union.