Brown, 14; Harvard, 4.

Hard batting on the part of the visitors lost the game for Harvard yesterday. For seven innings Brown batted Highlauds all over the field, making seventeen hits with a total of twenty off his delivery. Highlands, however, allowed but two men their bases on balls and fielded his position remarkably well, making seven assists besides striking two men out. In the eighth inning Paine went into the box and, with the exception of a home run and a single, Brown could not hit him at all. Paine, moreover, caught two men off first in fine style. Four clean hits and one scratch was all that Harvard could do with White's pitching. The men for the most part hit the ball but knocked either high flies or short grounders to the in-field. Corbett batted the best, mak-one single and a three bagger, but his fielding was poor as he dropped the ball twice while catching men out at the plate.

In the out-field both Beale in left and Garrison in centre played good games, but Stevenson at right was a decided failure, He muffed two easy flies and let a grounder slip by him. The features of the game were the heavy batting of Brown and three double plays made by Harvard in the first, fifth and sixth innings. In the first, with Tenney and Steere on second and first bases Corbett made a beautiful catch of Cook's high foul. Both base runners tried to advance a base and Corbett threw to third to catch Tenney there, but he ran back to second and Cook threw to Dickinson, catching Steere at first.

Brown made most of her runs in the seventh inning when five safe hits and errors by Stevenson, Corbett and Winslow netted seven runs. Harvard's two runs in the second inning were due to two errors by Brown and a hit by Corbett. In the fifth Corbett's three bagger and Highlands's fly to left brought in another run, and in the eighth one more was scored by two hits by Whittemore and Cook and an error by Steere. The score:

BROWN.

A.B. R. 1B. P.O. A. E.

Donovan, 2b. 6 3 4 1 1 0

Tenney, c. 5 1 3 2 1 0

Steere, s.s. 5 1 2 2 3 2

Cook, l.f. 5 1 2 4 0 0

Bustard, 1b. 5 1 1 11 0 0

Lowney, 3b. 4 2 1 3 2 1

Millard, r.f. 5 1 3 2 0 1

George, c.f. 5 1 1 2 0 1

White, p. 4 3 2 0 3 1

Totals, 44 14 19 27 10 6

HARVARD.

A.B. R. 1B. P.O. A. E.

Whittemore, 2b. 5 1 2 3 3 0

Cook, 3b. 3 0 1 4 3 1

Dickinson, 1b. 3 0 0 11 2 0

Stevenson, r.f 3 0 0 0 0 3

Garrison, c.f. 4 0 0 0 0 0

Winslow, s.s. 3 0 0 1 1 2

Beale, l.f. 4 1 0 2 0 0

Corbett, c. 4 2 2 6 4 2

Highlands, p. 2 0 0 0 9 0

Paine, p. 1 0 1 0 4 0

Totals, 32 4 6 27 26 8

Innings, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Brown, 0 4 0 2 0 0 7 1 0-14

Harvard, 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 0-4

Earned runs-Brown 4, Harvard 1; three-base hits-Corbett; home runs-Donovan, Bustard; sacrifice hit-Highlands; stolen bases-Whitte-more, Lowney, Millard; first base on balls-Tenney, Lowney, White, Cook, Dickinson, Winslow; first base on errors-Brown 2, Harvard 2; struck out-Tenney, Bustard, Lowney, George; Highlands; double plays-Corbett, Cook and Dickinson, Highlands, Corbett, Dickinson and Cook, Cook, Whittemore and Dickinson; passed ball-Corbett; wildpitch-Highlands; hit by pitched ball-Stevenson. Time-1h. 45m. Umpire-Murray.