The Brown Nine.

Last year, it will be remembered, the Brown nine was one of the best that Harvard met. In the series of four games which the two colleges played, the latter won twice by only small scores, and was defeated in the two final games on June 9 and June 13. This year again Brown promises to turn out a winning nine. Captain Bustard will have White, Brady, Robinson, Long, Greene, Donovan, Lowney, Cook, Millard, Steere, and Hancock, as well as a number of the men who have done the best work on the class teams. There are also many very promising candidates among the freshmen, some of whom come to Brown with excellent records from their preparatory school teams.

The candidates were assembled at the beginning of last week, and the new men have already started training, to be followed soon by the entire squad. Captain Bustard has laid down a set of rules, which he will strictly enforce. They provide that members of the team shall not use tobacco in any form or intoxicating liquors, and that they shall allow themselves no indulgence which can interfere with their best physical condition.