Courses in Bible Study.

To meet the demands of many Harvard men for an opportunity to study the Bible under the direction of competent teachers, the Christian Association offers two new courses for this fall and winter. Each of these courses is well worth the attention of any student, not only because of its own merit but because it is intended as an introduction to a series of courses to be offered in subsequent years. Thus a student who joins either of these classes can pursue a systematic, progressive course as long as he remains in college.

The first course will be led by Dr. Garrett, and will take up the life of Christ in detail, much as the biography of any great man would be studied by ardent admirer. The other course will probably consider the life of Paul in a similar way, or pay special attention to the epistles. In both these courses the scholarly but natural method used by Mr. Sallmon at Yale will be followed, and should prove equally successful and popular at Harvard.

The hours of meeting of both these classes, and other details will be announced at the regular meeting of the Christian Association to be held in Holden Chapel this evening at 6.45, where Mr. R. E. Lewis will speak on Bible study. The address will be only half an hour long as many men have other engagements at 7.30.