Yale, 8; Crescent A. C., O.

The Yale team was scored against on Saturday by the Crescent Athletic Club. The game was played in a heavy rain that made the field very muddy.

The Yale men could not get the ball over the goal line, until finally, after 18 minutes of active playing Letton made the first touchdown, but it was something of a fluke at that, for with the ball in possession on the 15 yard line, Ohl tried to punt the ball out of danger, but he slipped, and the leather was sent outside, with little or no gain.

This failure to kick was fatal, for Yale had the ball now and with a few sharp runs into the Crescent's center, Letton was finally pushed over the line. He missed the goal and the score remained 4 to 0 until time for the first half, which lasted 20 minutes, expired.

In the second half the Crescent's put up another game fight and kept the Yale men from scoring again for 10 minutes. Then by constant line breaking and slippery runs around the ends. Thorne, Dewitt and Jerrems gradually worked the ball down to Crescent's line, where Jerrems dashed through the centre for a second touchdown.

The ball was punted out poorly and consequently there was no goal trial.

To the surprise of everyone the Crescent's now took advantage of a fumble and scored a safety against Yale, making the final score 8 to 2.

The line-up:

YALE. CRESCENT.

Bass, l.e. r.e., Curry.

r.e., Wardner.

Rodgers, l.t. r.t., Coleman.

r.t., Schaffer.

Longacre, l.g. r.g., Hotchkiss.

Sanford, l.g. r.g., Haskell.

r.g., Love.

Cross, c. c., Baldwin.

c., Evins.

Chadwick, r.g. l.g., Wheeler.

Murphy, r.t. l.t., Hughes.

Hinkey, r.e. l.e., Brown.

Fincke, q.b. q.b., King.

Thorne, h.b. h.b., Hutchinson.

Letton, h.b. h.b., Sheldon.

Dewitt, h.b. h.b., Smith.

Letton, f.b. f.b., Ohl.

Jerrems, f.b. f.b., Pratt.

Score, Yale 8, Crescent 2; touchdowns, Letton, Jerrems; safety touchdown, Fincke; umpire, Harry Beecher; referee, Hugh Janeway. time, 20 minute halves.