HARVARD, 32; WILLIAMS, O.

The Eleven Defeats a Weak Team in a Well Played Game.

Harvard had no difficulty in scoring 32 points against Williams yesterday on Soldiers Field. The visiting team was weak in offensive and defensive play, while the ends were totally unable to break up Harvard's interference, and both Gonterman and Brewer were able to make their distance almost every time that they were called upon.

For Williams, by far the best work was done by Draper who punted and tackled splendidly and did most of the ground gaining for his team.

For Harvard Donald distinguished himself more than any man in the line; he tackled well, and repeatedly broke through and stopped kicks. A. Brewer and Cabot both made some fine tackles, but the latter was badly fooled twice on false kicks. Once Draper got around him for about 20 yards.

The centre of the line was strong and the Williams's backs could seldom gain through it. Shaw did the best work, and once stopped a kick. The weakest place in the line was between Rice and Stevenson, and several good gains were made here. Stevenson was too ready to fight with the man opposite him. He was repeatedly carried off his feet through his inattention to the game, and caused Harvard to lose the ball several times by off-side playing. Haughton took Stevenson's place in the second half and made a heartily poor exhibition of himself. He was tossed about at will and was not in the game at any time.

Borden who played quarterback ran the team with good judgment, and passed well.

Of the backs, Gonterman played a very brilliant game, and made several long runs around the ends and through the tackles. He started quickly and followed the interference closely. C. Brewer and Dunlop also played well.

The men started quickly and kept together fairly well, though it often became disordered before it reached the ends.

The game began with the ball in Harvard's possession. Brewer kicked to the 15 yard line, and on the next play Williams returned the kick. The umpire, however, called the ball back and gave Williams 5 yards for off-side playing. Draper then punted out of bounds, and a moment later a second attempt to kick was blocked. Both times a Williams man dropped on the ball. The teams were close to the line and on the next play Draper was downed behind the line for a safety touchdown.

After one ineffectual attempt to gain around Cabot, Draper tried to punt. The ball was blocked, however, and Gonterman secured it for Harvard. Short rushes by Brewer, Gonterman and Dunlop soon brought the ball across the line for a touchdown. No goal. Score, 6-0

Brewer received the ball on the kickoff and ran 10 yards. He then punted to the centre of the field, where Draper was downed by Donald. Williams could not gain any ground on their first two rushes, but on a fake kick Draper made 12 yards around Cabot.

Harvard gained the ball on downs, and carried it back to the 30 yard line where she lost it on a fumble by Brewer. Draper made a good gain on a fake kick. Williams failed to advance the ball, and Gonterman and C. Brewer made long runs around the ends, and the former made the second touchdown. No goal.

Harvard advanced the ball to the centre of the field but lost for holding.

Williams then sent Draper against Rice for two gains of 5 yards each and was helped along by Harvard's off-side playing. On the next two plays the centre held well and Williams was forced to relinquish the ball. The touchdown was made in short order. Dunlop and Brewer were sent through the centre, and Gonterman soon carried the ball over. A. Brewer kicked the goal. Score 16 to 0.

Brewer returned the kick-off and Draper caught the ball and punted back to the 30 yard line, when Borden fell on the ball. Time for the first half was called with the ball in the centre of the field.

In the second half Haughton took Stevenson's place at tackle and Doucette played right guard instead of Jaffray. Hamlen replaced C. Brewer.

Williams kicked to the 5 yard line, where Dunlop took the ball, and by brilliant dodging gained over half the length of the field. Harvard soon lost the ball for off-side playing. Donald blocked Draper's punt. The ball changed hands several times until Gonterman got round Rutter with fine interference for 20 yards. On the next rush he found an opening at tackle and ran 40 yards unaided, for a tonchdown. Goal. Score, 22 to 0.

Williams kicked to Harvard's 20 yard line and regained the ball for off-side playing. Two plays dircted against Doucette failed to gain, and Draper dropped back to try a goal from the field. He had no chance to try, however, for A. Brewer broke through and tackled him.

Both teams exchanged punts and then Dunlop and Gonterman made some long runs resulting in a touchdown. The attempt at goal failed. Score, 26 to 0.

It was now very dark, but Williams wished to continue. Harvard lost the ball at the centre of the field for holding, Shaw blocked Draper's punt and the ball bounded back almost to the goal line where it was soon carried over.

The game closed with a goal by A. Brewer. Final score, 32 to 0.

The line-uy was as follows:

HARVARD. WILLIAMS.

A. Brewer, r.e. l.e., Rutter.

Donald, r.t. l.t., Bockes.

Jaffray, r.g. l.g., Lee.

Doucette, r.g.

Shaw, c. c. McGowan.

Rice, l.g. r.g., Lotz.

Stevenson, l.t., r.t., Somoskeoy.

Haughton, l.t.

Cabot, l.e. r.e., Ryan.

Borden, v.b. q.b., Street.

q.b., Watson.

C. Brewer, r.h.b., l.h.b., Stearns.

Hamlen, r.h.b. l.h.b., Street.

Gonterman, l.h.b. r.h.b., Clark.

Dunlop, f.b. f.b., Draper.

Halves of 20 and 15 minutes. Crosby, referee. Kennedy, of Stanford University, umpire. Wood, linesman.