HARVARD, 26; BROWN, 6.

Brown scored against Harvard in Saturday's game, she being the first eleven to do so this year, just as she was the first to do so last year. The score last year was 18 to 4 as compared with 26 to 6 last Saturday.

The Brown team was not so strong as it was last year. Millard and Hopkins being missed very much behind the line. Robinson and McCarthy, however, were good ground gainers for Brown making most of their gains through the tackles and through Rice. Robinson also tackled well getting a Harvard back many times just as he was clearing the line. Fultz did not do so well, although he made Brown's only touchdown.

The Brown line was strong, especially at the tackles. Nott brushed Stevenson aside at will, while Emory found little trouble with Haughton, although he was hardly equal to Donald.

The Harvard eleven played with good snap especially towards the end of the first half and throughout the second half. For some reason the style of interference which had been practiced for the last week did not work successfully. The plays in which it was used generally ended in putting the back on top of a great heap of men who blocked his way when they should have aided his running.

Harvard again often lost the ball on account of holding and off-side play. Stevenson was the worst offender and cost Harvard many yards. It was his fault that Brown got the ball in the early part of the first half when she made her touchdown. Rice and Doucette were also offenders.

The best playing for Harvard was done by Newell, whose quickness in getting down the field on punts made it possible for him to score two touchdowns. He followed the ball very closely, often getting the runner behind the line and always breaking up the interference.

Captain Brewer played a fierce game as long as he was able. He made several beautiful tackles and got down the field on punts very rapidly.

The tackles were none of them strong. Stevenson played a hard game but he paid too much attention to his opponent and not enough attention to the ball. This led him off-side several times and proved very costly for Harvard.

Brown's touchdown was made through Haughton who was a weak spot as long as he played. Donald proved stronger than Haughton so that fewer gains were made by Brown through right tackle in the second half.

At right guard Doucette put up a strong defensive game in the first half. Jaffray did not do so well in the second half. Rice, who played left guard in the first half was a mark for Brown and several times good gains were made through him. Holt was better on the defensive work than Rice and made a good tackle of Colby after breaking through and running down the field. But Holt should have helped Stevenson, which he did not.

Shaw played his usual steady game at centre. He was injured in the second half when doucette took his place. Behind the line Borden played with snap, tackling well whenever he had the opportunity.

Wrightington was the only weak back. He made some good gains, it is true, but was slow. Gonterman took his place in the second half and though owing to a rather weak line at times he did not make much progress, he showed himself superior to Wrightington in every point. C. Brewer played an excellent game. He gained much ground, tackled perfectly and punted as well as he has ever punted. He outpunted McCarthy, even when the latter had the wind in his favor.

Harvard's first touchdown was made by Newell. Harvard had kicked off at the start to Brown's 20 yard line. There the teams lined up. Robinson was given the ball to go round Newell's end, but just as Newell went to tackle him he dropped the ball. Newell picked up the ball and touched it down behind the goal posts.

Brown's touchdown was made on a single run. Brown got the ball for offside play by Stevenson. Robinson failed to gain; then Fultz took the ball and, finding a clear field, was soon out of reach and after running 30 yards crossed the line. At the end of one minute from the beginning of the game the score was 6 to 6.

The rest of the half neither side came near scoring until the close when Harvard picked up and began playing hard. The half ended with the ball on Brown's 10 yard line.

The second half was easy for Harvard. Brown did not make any good showing this half except when Harvard would get the ball near the goal line. Then Brown held firm and forced Harvard to punt on two or three occasions.

The half opened with another of Newell's brilliant plays. Brown had the kick off. Brewer returned the kick on the first down. Newell was down on McCarthy like a flash. McCarthy fumbled, Newell got the ball and at once scored a touchdown.

From this time Harvard had everything her own way. The next touchdown was due to Brewer's kicking, aided by good defensive play of the Harvard line. After several kicks by Brewer and several ineffectual attempts by Brown to advance the ball, McCarthy being forced to punt each time, Brewer finally made a long kick to McCarthy on the Brown 5 yard line. Then McCarthy, in returning, kicked out at the 20 yard line. The three Harvard backs now began bucking Brown's centre and tackles, and in a few sharp rushes the ball was close to the line and Fairchild got a touchdown.

The last touchdown was made by more sharp work, chiefly by Brewer, aided again by good defensive work of the Harvard line. Brewer kicked on the first down; then Brown, finding rushing ineffectual, punted back. As Brewer outpunted McCarthy, the ball got pretty well into Brown's territory. Finally McCarthy punted a long distance to

(Continued on third page.)