Reception to Cambridge Men.

On Monday night the Harvard Club of New York will hold a reception to the Cambridge team in New York. To this reception the members of the Yale team have also been invited. Directly after the reception the Cambridge team, accompanied by Sherman Day, President of the Yale Athletic Association, Mr. Wade, assistant manager of the Yale team, and Captain Sheldon, will take the midnight train for Boston, under the escort of Mr. Evert Wendell.

On Tuesday morning the team will be met at the train by a committee of graduates and undergraduates. They will be escorted by this committee to the club-house of the Boston Athletic Association for breakfast. After breakfast they will be taken on coaches through the suburbs of Boston to Beacon Park, passing Chestnut Hill.

At Beacon Park, Burke, who won the quarter mile at the games between the New York and London Athletic Clubs, will try to lower the world's record of 473/4s., made on the same track by Wendell Baker ten years ago.

The team will be driven from Beacon Park directly to the University, where they will probably arrive about half past eleven o'clock. The team will be received by President Eliot in Harvard 1, who will make them an address of welcome.

After the address in Harvard Hall the team will be taken about the University by a committee of undergraduates, principally athletic men. After seeing the college, the Cambridge men will probably take luncheon at the Hasty Pudding Club. After luncheon there will be more sight seeing. The team will visit the football field to see the practice, and will also watch the crew practice on the river.

At about five o'clock in the afternoon, the team will take coaches again and drive to Boston, where they will be entertained at dinner at the University Club by a number of representative graduates of the University. It is expected that Lieutenant-Governor Wolcott will preside at the dinner. On Tuesday night the team will leave Boston for Niagara.

It is hoped by the men in charge of the reception arrangements that a large number of undergraduates will be present to receive the Cambridge men when they reach the University.