The Pedagogical Club.

The Pedagogical Club held its first meeting of the year yesterday afternoon in Sever 8. President A. O. Norton explained the aims and purposes of the club. They are in general to promote interest in educational matters among the members of the University.

They are accomplished in two ways: by the regular meetings and by public lectures. The meetings of the club are bi-weekly. At these meetings current educational questions are studied and discussed.

The other method is by public lectures, several of which are given during the year under the auspices of the club. The lecturers chosen are men who stand high in their callings. Among those who spoke last year were Dr. William T. Harris, United States Commissioner of Education; Colonel Francis W. Parker, of the Cook County Normal School; Superintendent Dutton of the Brookline schools, and others.

The outlook for the club is very favorable, for the number of men taking educational courses is nearly double that of last year. Although the club is primarily for men who intend to make teaching a profession, membership is by no means confined to them. Last year many of the members did not have any intention of teaching.

The meeting for reorganization and election of officers will be held early in November.