Princeton not Confident.

The final season of hard practice on the Princeton gridiron began yesterday. The overtrained men returned last night from the Delaware Water Gap and all the players were out on the field except Baird. Baird is reported to be threatened with water on the knee, but it is hoped he will be out in a few days. Otherwise the men seem to be in good condition, except, of course, Captain Lea, who will not play this season again. The first half of today's practice was open to the students, but no one was allowed to see the second half. The entire college went down to the open practice, expecting to see great improvement in the team's play after three day's rest. But they were disappointed.

The scrub was strengthened with 'varsity substitutes and extra backs, and the play was in the 'varsity's territory nearly the entire half. Gains were made by the scrub on end plays and the quarterback kick, but the 'varsity line held firm. Neither side scored during this half, but Graham, for the scrub, all but kicked a goal from the field. The play of the regulars showed its old-time listlessness, and the backs continually fumbled.

In the second half, behind the closed gates, the regulars took a great brace and pushed the scrub all over the field. Five touchdowns were scored, and Riggs kicked all the goals.

Suter was at quarter, succeeding Poe, and put up a great game until he was hurt in a hard scrimmage. His knee was wrenched, and he was carried from the field. Dr. Boviard thinks he will be able to play in a few days, as the injury is not serious. Princeton students are not sanguine as to the outcome of the championship game.