Olympic Games Revival.

It is estimated that the Olympic fund raised in Greece to meet the expense of the revival of the Olympic games next April at Athens will reach 1,000,000 drachmae or $193,000, besides 600,000 drachmae given by a Greek merchant of Alexandria, named Averoff, for the purpose of rebuilding the Panathenaic Stadion. The crown prince and his brothers are deeply interested in the enterprise. The king having promised to award in person the prizes of silver olive wreaths, and the Government will issue special commemorative postage stamps, a part of the proceeds of which will go to the Olympic fund. Only a part of the Station will be finished in marble in time for next spring's sports, the remainder being done in wood, but Mr. Averoff intends to have the entire structure, which will be capable of seating 70,000 spectators, ultimately constructed in Pentelic marble at his own expense. Its sides slope up to a height of from 60 to 80 feet, and the interior space, in the form of a horseshoe, is 670 feet long by 109 feet wide. It forms a natural hollow between two of the lowest spurs of Mt. Hymettus, and from it can be had a splendid view of Athens and the surrounding country, including the Bay of Salamis.

The foot races and gymnastic contests will take place in the Stadion, and here will be finished the twenty-six mile race from Marathon in memory of the runner who died in his effort to bring to Athens the news of the Persian defeat. The bicycle races will be contested on the Phaleric plan half way between the city and the seashore, the swimming and rowing races in the roadstead of Phaleron, and the yacht races in the Saronic Gulf. There is to be an illumination of the great monuments of antiquity, a grand historical torchlight procession representing scenes from Greek history, and a series of representations of dramatic masterpieces, beginning with a tragedy by Sophocles and ending with Wagner's "Lohengrin," and a special Olympic hymn by a modern Greek composer is to be sung by a monster chorus. A great attendance by athletes and scholars from all the world is expected.