HARVARD vs. U. OF M.

Michigan One of the Strongest Teams Harvard Will Face this Year.

The Michigan eleven has been quartered at Lee's Hotel in Auburndale since Friday afternoon. There are nineteen men in the party and they have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Besides these nineteen men there are five students accompanying the eleven. The entire party will remain at Auburndale until Sunday morning when they will return to Ann Arbor.

The men had their last practice yesterday afternoon. As there were not enough men to make up a second eleven the team simply practiced signals. The men did considerable punting, every man on the team punting far and quickly. The interference formations were as nearly perfect as they could be made. It seems certain that Michigan will resort to a rushing game throughout.

In catching punts the players, even the line men, did better work than the Harvard backs have been accustomed to do. Although there was no chance to see the men tackle, it is said that they all tackle hard and low.

From appearances the men are in the best of physical condition. They have been trained since early in August on the old-style method, and the so called "modern" method certainly shows up at a disadvantage when the physical condition of the Harvard and Michigan teams is compared.

The team play of Michigan far excels that of Harvard. The men have played together from the beginning of the season, and all except one man played on last year's team. They are most of them experienced players, several of them having played on different college teams. Hall, formerly of Princeton, and Hollister, formerly of Williams, are well-known names.

The weight of the men is perhaps somewhat underestimated in the statistics. They look much heavier than they are said to be. The line men are very much heavier than those of the Harvard eleven and the backs with the exception of the quarterback are all heavy men.

Michigan places her hope of victory on the long experience of her men and upon their heavy weight, while Harvard's chief hope of victory lies in the superiority of the coaching which has been received by her players. Under these conditions a wet day will give Michigan a very great advantage while a dry day will put the teams more on an equal footing.

The practice of the Harvard eleven yesterday afternoon was secret. The work of the men was not so heavy as it was on Thursday. The following is the line-up as officially given out last night:

HARVARD. MICHIGAN.

Cabot, l.e. r.e., Greenleaf.

Stevenson, l.t. r.t., Henninger (capt.)

Holt, l.g. r.g., Hall.

F. Shaw, c. c., Carr.

N. Shaw, r.g. l.g., Hooper.

Donald, r.t. l.t., Villa.

Newell, r.e. l.e., Senter.

Borden, Beale, q.b. q.b., Baird.

C. Brewer, h.b. h.b., Hollister.

Wrightington, h.b. h.b., Ferbert.

Dunlop, f.b. f.b., Bloomington.

The game will be called at 3 o'clock sharp. The referee will probably be Garfield H. L. S., and the umpires, Kennedy for Harvard, and Ward for Michigan.