Harvard-Princeton Debate.

An effort is being made to induce as many men as possible to enter the trial debate from which Harvard speakers in the joint debate with Princeton will be chosen. There are in the University a number of men who have taken part in Harvard-Yale debates: E. H. Warren '95, A. P. Stone L. S., and F. W. Dallinger L. S., represented Harvard in 1892 and in 1893; H. C. Lakin L. S., and F. C. McLaughlin Gr., in 1893; A. S. Apsey L. S., W. E. Hutton Gr., and C. A. Duniway Gr., in 1894; T. L. Ross L. S., R. C. Ringwalt '95, and H. A. Bull '95, in 1895. Hutton and Bull have declared their intention to come out, and Apsey, Stone and Duniway probably will also.

The two debating clubs from which the Princeton speakers will be chosen are Whig and Clio Hall. Two trial debates will be held in February. The winners of the first debate will meet in a final contest from which Princeton's representatives will be chosen. Princeton men have for a long time been anxious to take part in debates with Harvard and Yale, and now that they have been admitted, they may be expected to make a strong showing.