Union of I. C. A. A. and A. A. U.

The motion for an alliance of the Intercollegiate Athletic Association with the Amateur Athletic Union which was brought up at the meeting of the I. C. A. A., held in New York last Saturday, is looked upon by Harvard, and indeed by most all of the colleges of the I. C. A. A., with an indifferent air. Such an alliance was strongly advocated by a committee from the Amateur Athletic Union, but the advantages to be gained from it are mostly on their side. While it would be of no harm to the I. C. A. A., at the same time it would be of very little use. The question was finally referred to a committee of graduates, which will confer with the committee from the A. A. U., and the report of the result of this conference will then be sent to the various colleges for them to act upon. The Athletic Association will vote on the question as soon as this report is received, but owing to the present lack of expressed sentiment concerning the subject it is impossible to foresee what the decision in regard to the matter will be.