Afternoon Lectures.

On Wednesday afternoon, March 27 at 4.30 p. m., Mr. R. E. Dodge will speak in the Geological Lecture Hall, University Museum on Some of the Geological Conditions That Have Influenced the Development of the United States. Particular attention will be paid to the eastern part of our country and the earlier stages of its history. Steropticon illustrations will be used.

This lecture is one of a series recently began to afford some additional centre of interest to students and their friends. At present for students inviting their friends to a college tea, the glass flowers and vespers are the only attractions and it is feared that the vesper service is not always attended in the right spirit. A series of afternoon lectures entertaining and instructive has therefore been started and it is hoped that they may prove so attractive to students and their friends as to warrant their continuance next year. The afternoon hour for which these talks are set is undoubtedly the most convenient time of the day. Evening lectures break into the whole evening. The hour from 4.30 p. m. to 5.30 p. m. on the other hand is usually disengaged. The regular college exercises are over and from the lecture men can go at once dinner. On Wednesday, April 10, at 4.30 p. m., two weeks from March 27, a talk will be given by Dr. Coolidge.