Two More Harvard Men for Columbia.

In addition to Professor Robinson, whose call to a professorship at Columbia was announced in yesterday's CRIMSON, two other Harvard men have accepted positions there. Professor James R. Wheeler received the degree of doctor of philosophy at Harvard in 1885 and will become professor of Greek at Columbia next fall. He was one of the first students at the American School for Classical Studies at Athens, and afterward became a director of the school.

The University of Michigan loses a valuable man in the appointment of Professor Frank A. Cole to a professorship in the department of Mathematics at Columbia. Dr. Cole graduated from Harvard in 1882 and immediately became a student under Professor Klein, the great professor of mathematics at Leipsic. He was with Professor Klein three years, and was one of his favorite and most distinguished pupils. He returned to Harvard and occupied the position of a lecturer and tutor. Since 1888 he has been an assistant professor of mathematics in the University of Michigan. He has a high repute as an investigator and a teacher. He will assist in the development of the important department of university mathematics at Columbia, and will devote a considerable portion of his time to teaching and lecturing at Barnard College, principally in advanced mathematics.