Yale's Law School Building.

Yale's new Law School building is one of the finest and best arranged structures of its kind in the United States. It is entirely paid for, by money raised by personal solicitation on the part of Dean Wayland, who has labored most energetically to secure for Yale a structure that would be a credit to the university.

The main dimensions of the new building are 73 feet by 88 feet. It is three stories high, and is of brick. The entrance is through a large door which leads to a spacious vestibule, the walls of which are of mottled Pompeiian brick. The floor is laid in mosaic tile. A broad, iron staircase leads from this vestibule to the third story.

Three or four steps from the vestibule at the entrance is a mosaic-tiled landing. A door to the left leads to another vestibule, which in turn has a door leading to the dean's room. The dean's room is about sixteen feet square, and it is fitted up in hard wood. From the landing already mentioned are four doors, leading to as many rooms, which are about twelve feet square. These are to be used by the professors. Two or three steps more lead to another and longer landing hall. This leads to two recitation rooms. They are about 27 by 38 feet in size. These rooms are well lighted. There are about a dozen windows ten feet high and four feet wide. The walls are wainscoted in hard pine and painted, as is the woodwork throughout the building, brownish drab.

In the side wall is a book lift which runs to the library, two stories above, on the second story there are two recition rooms, of the same proportions as those on the floor below. There are also five professors' rooms, similar to those on the first floor. On the third and last floor from the head of the stairs there is a mosaic tiled corridor leading to the study room. This is directly over the recitation rooms, and is 70 by 30 feet. To the right of the study is a space about ten feet wide, partitioned by a panelled screen. Rising from this screen is a colonnade. The columns are of fine proportions and of the Corinthian order. On these columns rests an appropriate entablature. This room is to be fitted with tables and chairs, and here students may prepare for recitations or consult books from the library.

From the hall, just before entering the study room, is a door leading to the library. This room is provided with iron racks and adjustable shelves. The windows looking out into the hall are made of fire-proof glass. The material is a novelty. The metal while in the molten state has been poured over a wire screen, so that if a fire should break out the flames could not crack the glass.

The basement contains a large lounging room, a locker room in which there are about 190 lockers, and a finely appointed toilet room, which has mosaic tiled floor, glazed tile wainscotting and marble furnishings. In its interior arrangements the building is by far the most convenient and the decorations are much the richest and most costly of any structure connected with the University.